Do you have difficulty knowing what your kids are up to when you’re not around? Do you want to ensure they’re not getting into trouble or spending excess time on their phones?
If so, then you need a cell phone tracker app. We have your back covered and have handpicked the 6 best free and paid tools for Android and iOS devices to quench your concerns. Forewarned is forearmed.
Why Would You Need to Resort to a Cell Phone Tracker App?
Whether a paid or free parental control app, effective software can help parents stay on guard, prevent, and timely react to the following online and offline dangers:
- Sexual predators that target kids online or in the real world
- Involvement in cyberbullying, either as victims or perpetrators
- Exchanging inappropriate photos or videos with others
- Communicating with strangers that try to lure children into meeting in person
- Risk of kidnap or trafficking if they spend excess time alone or unsupervised
- Access to inappropriate websites
- Kids spend excess time on phones and inadequate time doing homework or interacting with the family
The market is riddled with cell phone tracking apps, making picking the right one challenging. This article lists the most prominent and handy solutions for parents.
Did you know around 2100 children go missing in the US daily? Kids are usually easy to find when parents provide relevant information about them. Resorting to the right prevention measures can help parents ensure their kids’ safety.
6 Advanced Cell Phone Tracker Apps for Parental Control
A family tracking app enables parents and guardians to monitor their children when they are not around. Therefore, if you are unsure whether your kids are where they claim to be or are lying, the app can help you know the truth. Here are some of the top-notch tracker apps to help monitor their whereabouts and not only.
Keep Your Kids Safe with the uMobix Parental Control App
uMobix is the best parental control app today. It allows real-time tracking of daily progress on their mobile phone or tablet. With this phone monitoring app, users are enabled to capture browser history, see screengrabs, and supervise over 30 apps, including Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, TikTok, Telegram, and Snapchat.
This phone tracking app has advanced monitoring features, including a GPS tracker, outgoing, incoming, and missed call records, mic and camera access, text message history, deleted call history, message, and contacts. Also, this monitoring app can capture keystrokes to see what your loved ones are up to.
Additionally, uMobix allows you to remotely pull videos and photos from the target phone and store them on your device. Its advanced GPS tracking feature lets you know the real-time location of the required gadget. Thus, your kid can’t lie about their location anymore if you use this app to track them without knowing.
How to Use uMobix to Track Your Kid’s Location
Since uMobix has a demo version, it is possible to use it as a free app to view your child’s phone. The 1-day trial offer allows users to start monitoring for $1. For the extended version, follow these steps to watch your kids with uMobix.
- Register by selecting a subscription plan and complete the purchase to receive detailed instructions.
- Access the target phone to install uMobix by following the instructions provided in the user account. The process differs for Android and iOS but is straightforward in both cases.
- Navigate to your account to receive real-time data about the required phone activity. The GPS location tab can identify your child’s whereabouts anytime.
Cocospy – Multifunctional Parental Control App for Android and iOS
Cocospy is also among the best phone tracking apps. It makes it possible to supervise locations, calls, messages, and app usage. Also, this tracking software enables you to take a sneak peek at the saved contacts. Installing software is straightforward, after which it is possible to track all outgoing and incoming calls, received and sent messages, browser activity, and social media interactions, including iMessages.
Some social media platforms to monitor Cocospy include Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and Viber. The app can detect a SIM card change and check the device’s IMEI number.
You may want to know how to supervise a kid’s iPhone with Cocospy. Well, the process is also straightforward. Just sign up with an email ID, then verify your iCloud account. Add the target’s iCloud details and disable two-factor authentication. After that, monitor the device’s activity and location by logging into your Cocospy account.
Cocospy runs in stealth mode, meaning they won’t detect that you’re monitoring them. Also, it manages your kid’s screen time to ensure they spend only a little time on their device. Thus, it allows you to safeguard their health and keep them safe.
Spyic – Top-Rated Parental Control App for Real-Time Monitoring
Spyic is a surefire phone location tracking app that can spot your loved one’s whereabouts without their knowledge. It’s a widely used tool providing tracking solutions for iPhones and Android phones. Also, this web application is easy to use from a browser, meaning you don’t have to download anything.
The software has numerous features that make it ideal for location tracking. It’s a hidden family tracking app with a feature-packed online dashboard. For instance, Spyic is there for you to locate a phone’s location without installing an additional app. Access this feature by logging in to your Spyic account via a web browser.
Additionally, Spyic uses unique security protocols to ensure that nobody else can view data about the target device. It shares the target phone’s location coordinates directly with you, and its servers don’t store anything.
Using this app to pin down somebody’s location assures you that they won’t know you’re doing it. Thus, you may monitor their movements, the areas they previously visited, and check-ins.
Google Family Link Free Phone Tracker
As the name suggests, Google Family Link is a family locator that enables you to keep loved ones safer online. Families have unique relationships regarding technology. Therefore, this device and location tracking app provide greater flexibility to allow users to select the right balance for their families. Also, this application helps you create healthy online habits for your family members.
Find My Kids – Child Locator
Find My Kids is a location tracker for ensuring child’s safety. It helps you keep in touch with children when they are not nearby or fail to respond to your calls. This GPS phone tracker allows parents to pin down their kids on Google Maps and see their movement history.
Another benefit is the opportunity to find out the apps your children use, including social media platforms and their interactions with them. The time tracking capability helps you know the duration your kids use their devices and the apps they use the most. The family chat feature may make this app unique. It lets you chat with the kids and use funny stickers to enhance the fun.
This parental control app for free use makes it possible to keep track of your loved ones with minimum expenses, though its functionality is somehow limited compared to tracking apps outlined above. The app is available for Android and iOS users.
The last app on our list is Life360. It’s a well-known app in the US, offering only limited functionality outside the country. Here’s what the app can do for you:
- The app allows you to plan routes and schedules with your family members.
- You can request or send real-time locations.
- You can set up smart notifications for when someone reaches a particular destination or leaves it. You also get alerts if someone’s phone battery is running dry.
You’ll need Life360 installed on the target iPhone to get it to track the device’s location. You’ll also need permission from the target device, which may or may not be possible.
Is it Legal to Supervise Your Child’s Device?
It is legal for parents and guardians to supervise their children’s devices as long as they are minors. Provided the child is under 18 (pay attention that every state has a different age of being an adult), a US parent or guardian can monitor how they use their mobile phone or tablet. That means the parent can use a cell phone tracker to observe their whereabouts and interactions with other people.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act gives parents control over the information that children can access online. This rule protects kids under 13 while considering the internet’s dynamic nature. Also, it applies to online service providers and commercial website operators. When it comes to monitoring an adult person, written consent is required.
What Should I Look for in a Parental Control App?
The following tips should help you choose an app to track cell phones.
- Privacy: You don’t want to expose your loved one’s privacy to the wrong people. Therefore, pick an app that allows for secure and safe parental control.
- Transparency: The top phone tracking apps are transparent in their operations. They ensure that users know what they can do and how they help them enhance their kids’ safety.
- Network security: A good tracker app keeps a child safe from illicit content, cyberbullying, and other online crimes.
- Activities: The primary phone tracker work is to check out the activities the target person does on their device. And this entails all the actions an individual can perform on their device. Therefore, go for an app that can track your phone when lost, monitor social media and online activities, and do everything your kid can do on their phone. Also, it should let you monitor websites and app usage.
- Friendly interface: An ideal parental control application is easy to use and navigate.
- Compatibility: Choose an app compatible with the phone required, whether iPhone or Android. Some apps require only the phone number only to track a mobile device.
Keep Your Kids Safe with the Right Monitoring Software
Although some make use of a free phone tracker to keep track of loved ones, premium applications are better due to extended functionality and glitch-free operation. That’s because they have more practical features and functionalities. Also, consider customer support, price, and user reviews. Ideally, take your time understanding how the phone tracker app you want to use works to pick one that suits your needs.
- What is a parental control app and what are your options
- Croatian Police arrests minor over A1 Telecom ransom demand
- 9 risky apps that you need to monitor on your kids’ smartphone
- Germany bans kids’ smartwatches, asks parents to destroy them
- Medical Software Firm exposes vulnerable children’s sensitive data